Ever visited the website of The Economist, Government of Bermuda, University of Minnesota? The similarity between all of them is that they are made of Drupal. An open source software that was created for CMS (Content Management System) framework.
When it comes to developing a site using Drupal, it saves money because this framework is made of PHP. PHP is as open source script code; that means no licensing costs that is why it is the choice of many developers from many years. There are many advantages of Drupal web development that you can not ignore. Some of them are discussed in this article. So without further discussions let’s have a look at the opportunities the Drupal gives us.
Drupal – Plenty of Advantages and opportunities
Many experienced and inexperienced developers and programmers love to use this open source CMS. Many of the organizations and companies are using it, who may not have any technical skills that are must for website development, creation, and management.
This cool platform is used all over from community web portals to personal websites as well, you can develop sites from eCommerce site to social networking sites, from newsletter to resource directories. The Drupal web development allows all type of organizations so that they can address all the requirements for a stronger and stronger online presence.
Thousands of developers use Drupal web development to develop websites for their clients. It includes more than twenty-nine thousand modules and two thousand different themes. This platform is the most widely used platform that makes it the best web development platform with many of the advantages that you can’t ignore.
Comparison between WordPress and Joomla
As we talk about WordPress, beginners love to work on it and also is the best choice for small and mid-sized websites and blogs. Joomla CMS needs some technical knowledge of coding but is useful for eCommerce sites. But Drupal is the most powerful CMS among all yet is the hardest one. This platform fits for all types of websites and is the easiest for moderation.
In a nutshell, we have a conclusion that Drupal Web development is the most popular than both WordPress and Joomla development. Therefore, there are many advantages of Drupal Web development that you can’t ignore.
Drupal is among the platforms that is mostly used to create eCommerce websites just as Magento, Zen Cart, X-Cart and Joomla do. The only reason that many people love to use Drupal for eCommerce websites, is that it takes no time for an addition or modification of custom Drupal template in tailor-made eCommerce websites.
In addition, just like Magento, developers can easily customize and develop different types of Drupal extensions in order to meet user’s requirements.
Benefits of Drupal Web development that you can’t ignore!
Drupal accounts 2% of all of the internet’s websites. That’s pretty cool and huge amount of websites!
Many of the developers loves to use this platform because of the below listed advantages of Drupal web development that you can’t ignore. Some of them are:
- Open Source: The whole software is open source that means free! A large number of themes are free, that means it helps many businesspersons to reduce cost on web development significantly.
- Customizable: Drupal is highly customizable as compared to other CMS which is an advantage of Drupal web development that you can’t ignore!. It is customizable in terms of all the feature it have, operations, layouts and designs. This makes the developer’s first choice of choosing this platform because it allow them to customize the layouts as per client’s requirements.
- Facilitates Rapid Deployment: After going live on the web, companies can change or customize the site after deployment according to feedbacks and business requirements, because Drupal truly uses “Web 2.0” style. Drupal enables the companies to deploy all the core features and functionalities rapidly. It’s another major advantage of Drupal web development that you can’t ignore for sure!
- Enterprise-class Software: Developers can easily and readily integrate it with other applications like SAP, phpBB, etc, all possible because Drupal is an enterprise-class CMS. It is enterprise-class CMS in terms of scalability (You can use it for huge or small organizations), this platform is really flexible, more reliable, easily manageable, no compromise on security and it have all resources that you need.
- API Support: All types of social sites custom modules can be made by using these well-documented API including Facebook, Twitter, Google Apps, Google Analytics, Youtube etc. It’s another major advantage of Drupal development that you can’t ignore for sure!
- SEO-Friendly: SEO the most important ingredient of online marketing strategies, Drupal help and enables companies to come forward with their SEO-Friendly websites. Drupal platform have a great flexibility of displaying the content that search engine likes and makes your content on top searches. That means more traffic to your site!
- Mobile Ready: Many people nowadays uses smart devices over other computational machines more. Thus this opens the doors for new marketing platform for companies. Drupal is mobile ready platform that means it provides the flexibility to the developers so that they can make the site useable by smartphone users and they can view the site same as a desktop user do . This feature is reliable for small businesses so that they can generate more and more leads. Having a Mobile-ready feature in a platform is the real advantage of Drupal web development that you can’t ignore.
At the end! Drupal is a perfect solution if companies and developers want to make websites with rich features, high-quality in a small amount of time and cost, a website that fulfills all the requirements of their clients. In a nutshell, companies can get the dynamic and innovative websites by using Drupal CMS to attract their users.